Ahsan Manzil (Bengali: আহসান মঞ্জিল) is a wonderful historical palace at Kumartoli along the banks of the Buringanga River at Dhaka City in Bangladesh. It was the official residential place and seat of the Dhaka Nawab Family. Nawab Abdul Gani renovated this building and named it after his son Khaza Ahasanullah. The construction of this palace was started in the year 1859 and was completed in 1869. It has 31 rooms with a huge dome atop which can be seen from miles around. It now has 23 galleries in 31 rooms displaying of traits, furniture and household articles and utensils used by the Nawab. To preserve the cultural and history of the area, the palace became the Bangladesh National Museum on 20 September 1992.